Safari: "Could not open the page, too many redirects"
When trying to view a website using Safari, you may see the alert message: "Could not open the page. Too many redirects occurred trying to open (website name)." This might happen if you open a page that is instructed to open another page, which is then instructed to open the original page.
This issue can be caused by the website you're trying to view. Safari may be able to open the website at a later time, when the website's redirect problem has been corrected.
This issue can also happen if redirect information has been cached after it's no longer needed. In some cases, removing cookies and cache in Safari may resolve repeated redirects:
- Safari, choose Safari > Preferences.
- Click the Privacy icon in the Preferences pane to view Privacy settings.
- Click the Details button that appears under the Remove All Website Data button.
- Search for the name of the website that you are trying to view.
- Click the Remove All button.
- Close the Safari Preferences window.
If the issue continues, repeat the steps without searching for a specific website. Click the Remove All Website Data button to remove all of your cookies and cache files. If this does not resolve the issue, contact the owner of the website you are trying to view for additional help.