iOS: Troubleshooting apps purchased from the App Store
If you are having an issue with an app you purchased from the App Store on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, try the following steps to resolve the issue.
Try the following steps to resolve the issue, testing the app after each step.
1. Update your device software
2. Check for app updates
You can setup apps to update automatically in Settings > iTunes & App Store, but make sure that your apps are up to date:
- Open the App Store and tap Updates. If updates are available, tap Update All.
- If prompted, enter your iTunes Store account information. App Store will then download and install the app updates.
Note: Some apps may require a Wi-Fi connection to update.
3. Install another app from the App Store
If none of your user-installed apps will launch, there could be an issue with Apple ID authorization. Download and install an app that isn't already installed on your device to reset this information. You can also remove an app from your iOS device and download it again from the App Store or sync the app from your computer.
Note: If you have installed apps using multiple Apple ID accounts, you may need to perform this step for each account.
4. Restart the app
If the issue affects only a single app, try closing just that app.
5. Restart your device
6. Reinstall the affected app
Remove the app from your device and reinstall it:
- Tap and hold any app icon on the Home Screen until the icons start to wiggle and show a small "x" in the top-right corner of the app.
- Tap the "x" in the corner of the app you want to delete.
- Tap Delete to remove the app and all of its data from your device.
- Press the Home button.
- Go to the App Store.
- Search for the app and then download it again.
Note: If it is a paid app, ensure you are using the iTunes account you purchased the app with originally. If it is not, you may be asked to purchase the app again. Learn more about downloading previously purchased items.
7. If the issue is still unresolved, contact the developer
If you continue to experience the issue, contact the developer of the app for further assistance:
- Find the app in the App Store.
- Open the app's page, tap Reviews, and then App Support.