Apple ID: About SMS and two-step verification
Learn more about how SMS works with two-step verification.
When you sign up for two-step verification for your Apple ID, you can choose an SMS-capable phone number to receive text messages with the temporary verification codes Apple uses to verify your identity.
SMS delivery of verification codes currently works in the following countries with the following wireless carriers:
|Virgin (on Optus)|
|New Zealand||Telecom NZ|
|Virgin Mobile USA|
Adding or Removing SMS Numbers
To add or remove an SMS-capable number from your account:
- Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com), click "Manage your Apple ID," and sign in.
- Under Edit Your Apple ID, select "Password and Security."
- Under Trusted Devices, select Manage.
- Click Add to enter a new SMS-capable number for your Apple ID.
- Click Remove next to the verified phone number associated with your Apple ID.