About the Lion Server v10.7.5 Update
Learn about the Lion Server v10.7.5 Update.
This software updates Lion Server v10.7, v10.7.1, v10.7.2, v10.7.3 and v10.7.4 to version 10.7.5. It is recommended for all Lion Server users.
Read before installing
- Do not interrupt the installation process. If a power outage or other interruption occurs during installation, use the standalone installer (see below) from Apple Support Downloads to update.
There are three ways to update to Lion Server v10.7.5:
- Use Software Update
- Install from a standalone installer
- Install on a remote server via Server Admin or the 'softwareupdate' command-line utility
Software Update installation
Choose Software Update from the Apple () menu. Because some updates are prerequisites for others, you may need to use Software Update more than once to obtain all available updates. When Software Update states "Your software is up to date," you can be sure that all available updates have been installed.
If you want to download and manually install the update, an installer is available from Apple Support Downloads. This a useful option if you need to update multiple computers but only want to download the update once. Read how to verify the authenticity of manually downloaded Apple Software Updates.
If you need to install the update on a remote server, you can do so using the Server Admin application or the softwareupdate command line tool.
- Fixes an issue that prevented clients from opening and saving files on an SMB share point.
- Improves reliability of the AFP service.
- Improves reliability of creating an Open Directory Master.
- Resolves an issue that could cause the PasswordService to run out of available file descriptors and stop responding.
- Improves the reliability of Access Control Lists (ACLs) that include members of external directory systems.
- Now correctly sets the background sync interval for OS X Mobility profiles.
- Improves reliability of Server app.
- Fixes an issue that made Xserve (Early 2009) servers inaccessible to Server Monitor and ipmitool.
- Maintains Spotlight index when changing share point settings.
Software Update Service
- Improves reliability when automatically downloading and enabling software updates.
- Improves video playback for clients running Safari 6.
- Improves the reliability of changing a metadata controller to a SAN client.
- Lion Server v10.7.5 includes all the improvements delivered in the OS X Lion v10.7.5 (client) update.
- For information about the security content of Lion Server v10.7.5, see this article.
The Mac OS X v10.7.5 Supplemental Update includes the following fixes:
- Resolves an issue that may cause Time Machine backups to take a long time to complete
- Addresses an issue that prevents certain applications signed with a Developer ID from opening
The Supplemental Update is recommended if you installed the Lion Server v10.7.5 Update (build 11G56). It is not needed if you install the Lion Server v10.7.5 Update (build 11G63).