About the Lion Server v10.7.1 Update
This software updates Lion Server v10.7 to v10.7.1. It is recommended for all Lion Server users.
Important: Read before installing.
- Do not interrupt the installation process. If a power outage or other interruption occurs during installation, use the standalone installer (see below) from Apple Support Downloads to update.
There are three ways to update to Lion Server v10.7.1:
- Use Software Update
- Install from a standalone installer
- Install on a remote server via Server Admin or the softwareupdate command-line utility
Software Update installation
Choose Software Update from the Apple () menu. Because some updates are prerequisites for others, you may need to use Software Update more than once to obtain all available updates. When Software Updates states "Your software is up to date," you can be sure that all available updates have been installed.
If you want to download and manually install the update, an installer is available from Apple Support Downloads. This a useful option if you need to update multiple computers but only want to download the update once.
If you need to install the update on a remote server, you can do so using the Server Admin application or the softwareupdate command-line tool.
- Improves reliability of the Apple File Service.
- All other improvements delivered in the client OS X Lion v10.7.1 Update.