Mac Pro: About Mac Pro Audio Update 1.1
Learn about the Mac Pro Audio Update 1.1.
The Mac Pro Audio Update 1.1 addresses an audio anomaly that you may hear from inside the Mac Pro computer when you use FireWire audio devices. This update is for Mac Pro (Early 2009) computers with Mac OS X v10.6.3.
Quit all open applications, then download the update.
- The downloader will place the disk image with an installer in your Downloads folder or in the location specified in the General tab under Safari > Preferences.
- If you downloaded the disk image via Safari, Safari will notify you that an application is in the image. Click OK to continue.
- If "Open safe files after downloading" is enabled in Safari preferences, the disk image file will mount by itself. If that preference is not enabled in Safari, double-click the disk image to mount it.
Install the update. Note: you will need the administrator password for the installation.
- Save all open documents and quit all other applications.
- Double-click the MacProAudioUpdate1.1.pkg.
- Read and follow the onscreen instructions that appear.
Important: Do not power off or otherwise interrupt your computer while the update is taking place. A progress bar will indicate the status of the update.
- If a "Your computer does not need this update" message appears, your computer does not require the update.
- An "Installation was successful" screen appears. Click Restart.
Follow these steps to determine if the update has already been applied:
- Choose About this Mac from the Apple () menu.
- Click More Info... to open System Profiler.
- In the Software section of System Profiler, select Extensions.
- If the update has been successfully installed, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement version 104.3.1 should be listed as an extension.