Xsan: Compatibility of Xsan metadata controllers (MDCs) and clients
In some situations, you can use clients and metadata controllers with different versions of Xsan in the same SAN.
This chart shows the minimum Xsan client version that is compatible with the Xsan version on the metadata controller. The versions of Xsan and OS X on the metadata controller must be the same as, or newer than, the latest versions on a client.
|MDC version||Minimum client version|
|Xsan 4||Xsan 4|
|Xsan 3.0 - 3.1||Xsan 2.2.2 (see note 1)|
|Xsan 2.3||Xsan 2.2.1 (see notes 1 and 2)|
|Xsan 2.2 - 2.2.2||Xsan 2.1.1 (see note 3)|
|Xsan 2.0 - 2.1.1||Xsan 1.4.2|
|Xsan 1.4.2||Xsan 1.3|
- In order to enable case insensitivity, all members of the SAN must be using Xsan 2.3 or later.
- Mac OS X v10.5-based Xsan 2.2.1 clients cannot be used with an Xsan 2.3 MDC. Mac OS X v10.6 is required on Xsan 2.2.1 clients of an Xsan 2.3 MDC.
- In order to use native extended attributes, all members of the SAN must be using Xsan 2.2 or later.
- Details about the version of OS X required for each version of Xsan
- Information about compatibility between Xsan and StorNext filesystems
Information about products not manufactured by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple, is provided without recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple makes no representations regarding third-party website accuracy or reliability. Risks are inherent in the use of the Internet. Contact the vendor for additional information.