Xsan: Compatibility of SAN clients with Xsan and StorNext controllers
Learn which versions of StorNext can be used in the same SAN with Xsan controllers, and which versions of Xsan can be used in the same SAN with StorNext controllers.
Xsan Metadata Controller Compatibility with StorNext Clients
|Xsan controller||StorNext File System client||StorNext FX client|
|StorNext 4.7||StorNext 4.6||StorNext 4.0 through 4.3||StorNext 3.5.3||StorNext 3.5.2 or 184.108.40.206||StorNext 3.5 or 3.5.1||StorNext 3.1.2 through 3.1.5||StorNext FX 2.2||StorNext FX 2.0|
|Xsan 2.1 through 2.2.2||√||√||√||√||√|
StorNext Metadata Controller Compatibility with Xsan Clients
|StorNext controller||Xsan client|
(OS X Mavericks)
(OS X Mountain Lion)
(OS X Lion)
|Xsan 2.2 through 2.2.2
(Mac OS X v10.5 or 10.6)
|Xsan 2 through 2.1.1
(Mac OS X v10.5)
|StorNext 4.2.1 through 4.3||√||√||√||√|
|StorNext 4.1.1 through 4.1.3||√||√||√|
|StorNext 4.0 through 4.1||√||√|
|StorNext 3.5.0 through 3.5.3||√||√|
|StorNext 3.1.2 through 3.1.5||√|
|StorNext M330, M440 or M660||See the entry in this table for the StorNext File System version running on the metadata appliance.|
- StorNext 4.x controllers must have fast reverse path lookup (RPL) enabled; see this article.
- For detailed information about which Mac OS X and Mac OS X Server versions are compatible with each Xsan version, see this article.
- For more information about which Xsan client versions are compatible with each Xsan controller version, see this article.
- Some filesystem features are not supported when Xsan clients mount volumes hosted by StorNext controllers; see this article.
- Note: Some older StorNext releases may no longer be supported or available. See the Quantum support webpage for more information.
Important: Mention of third-party websites and products is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance or use of information or products found at third-party websites. Apple provides this only as a convenience to our users. Apple has not tested the information found on these sites and makes no representations regarding its accuracy or reliability. There are risks inherent in the use of any information or products found on the Internet, and Apple assumes no responsibility in this regard. Please understand that a third-party site is independent from Apple and that Apple has no control over the content on that website. Please contact the vendor for additional information.
Last Modified: Oct 23, 2013