iTunes Store: Retrieving and changing passwords (Apple ID)
Learn how to retrieve or change your Apple ID password (which is what you use to sign in to the iTunes Store).
iTunes Store, AOL
- If your iTunes Store account uses an AOL screen name to sign in, you can reset your password by visiting AOL Help.
- If you set up an iTunes Store account using your AOL screen name but have not purchased anything, you will be asked to convert to an Apple ID account. For more information please see this article.
Changing your password
If you forgot your Apple ID password, you'll need to create a new password. Follow the steps below to reset your password on your computer, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Go to My Apple ID and click "Reset your password."
- Enter your Apple ID name and click Next. If you've forgotten your Apple ID, there is a link on that page you can click for more information.
- You'll be presented with 2 options: email authentication or answering your security questions.
- After following the emailed link or answering the security questions, you'll be presented with the option to reset your Apple ID password.
Note: Any services that have stored or use your old password will need to be updated with your new password (such as MobileMe).
If you think that someone else has access to your account, please change your account's password by following the steps above. To increase the security of your account, your password should be more than eight characters long and include both numbers and letters. Please also see: