This article is for OS X. If you're using a Windows PC, see what to do if your Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows.
Follow these steps to resolve your issue:
- If you haven't connected your iOS device to this computer before, unlock the device and tap Trust. Learn more about the Trust This Computer alert.
- Restart your iOS device.
- Restart your Mac.
- Make sure that your Mac meets the minimum system requirements for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Install software updates on your Mac.
If an iTunes update is available, apply the update.
- Check USB connections. iOS devices need USB 2.0 to work properly. If you're not sure your Mac has USB 2.0 ports, check the computer's specifications.
- Disconnect other USB devices and connect your device directly to a USB port on your Mac.
- Try another USB cable.