Here's what you'll need:
- An Apple ID. Sign in to the iTunes Store with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 7 or later.
- Mac or PC with iTunes 11.2 or later.
- Apple TV with Apple TV software version 6.0 or later.
Turn on syncing
Sign in with the same Apple ID on any computer or iOS device that you want to sync podcasts.
iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Tap Settings > Podcasts.
- Turn Sync Podcasts on or off.
Mac or PC
- Open iTunes.
- Choose iTunes > Preferences, then click the Store tab.
- Select "Sync podcast subscriptions and settings."
When you sync podcasts, you also sync subscriptions, stations, and play position. Here's everything that syncs.
- Subscribing. Syncing podcast subscriptions will download the newest episode for each podcast that you're subscribed to (but not previous episodes for that podcast). If you download other episodes for a subscription on a device, they won't automatically download to your other devices. See how to transfer episodes and playlists.
- Unsubscribing. If you unsubscribe from a podcast on a device, all of your other devices will unsubscribe to that podcast. If you subscribe to that podcast again, all of your other devices will also subscribe again.
- Deleting. If you delete a subscription on a device, all of your devices will automatically unsubscribe to that podcast. If you delete a podcast on your iOS device, iTunes on your computer will show the message "This podcast has been deleted from another device, but has saved episodes."
If you click Resolve, you'll see the message "Do you want to delete or restore syncing of the podcast?"
- If you want to keep any episodes that you saved on your computer, click Restore Sync on the message. The subscription will sync back to your other devices.
- If you want to delete the podcast and all its episodes, click Delete. If you delete a podcast subscription on your computer, it will delete the subscription on your iOS devices, including downloaded episodes (unless they're marked as Saved).
When you create a station in iTunes on your computer or in the Podcasts app for iOS, it will appear on your other devices. Any station settings you change will also sync to your devices. If you delete a station on one of your devices, it’ll delete on every other device too.
Podcasts can remember your playback position between devices and computers, so you can always start where you left off. If Sync Podcasts is on for your iOS device, playback position will sync. However, you might need to turn on this setting in iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Select iTunes > Preferences.
- Click the Store tab.
- Select "Sync playback information across devices." It may take a few minutes to sync.
Podcast episodes on one device don't automatically download to your other devices. If you want all your downloaded episodes to appear on your other devices, you'll need to sync your iOS devices to your computer over Wi-Fi or with a USB cable.
- Connect your iOS device to your Mac or PC with iTunes.
- Click the Podcasts tab.
- Choose which downloaded podcasts should appear on your iOS devices.
- To sync a playlist of podcasts to your iOS devices, select it under "Include Episodes from Playlists." The playlist will appear in My Stations in the Podcasts app for iOS.
- Click Sync.