If your message didn't send, tap to try sending again.
If you still can't send, or you aren't receiving messages, try these steps:
Check your device settings
Check the recipient's contact info
- Make sure that you're using the right phone number or email address.
- Go to Settings > Messages > Blocked and make sure that they're not on your block list.
Restart your device and check for updates
Check the system status for iMessage
Go to the Apple Services System Status page and check iMessage.
Turn iMessage off and back on
Go to Settings > Messages and turn iMessage off, then back on.
Sign out and back in to iMessage and FaceTime
- Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
- Go to Settings > FaceTime, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
- On your iPhone first, sign back in to iMessage and Facetime.
- Sign back in to iMessage and Facetime on your other devices.
Reset your network settings
Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Back up and restore your device
Get more help
- Find out what to if you can't use iMessage or see a “waiting for activation” alert.
- If you switched to a non-Apple phone, learn how to sign out of iMessage.
- Find out why your text messages might not display correctly.
- Report unwanted messages that you receive from iMessage.