Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch may occasionally stop responding to buttons, switches, or touchscreen input and may exhibit one or more of these symptoms:
- Does not return to the Home screen after you press the Home button
- Does not wake from sleep after you press the Sleep/Wake button
- Does not turn on (or power on) when you press any button
- Does not start up past Apple logo
- Appears frozen or unresponsive
- Is unable to "Slide to Unlock" or "Slide to Power Off"
To troubleshoot these symptoms:
- If a single application is not responding or stops responding when it opens, you can force it to close.
- If the device is unresponsive or if certain controls aren't working as expected, restart your device.
- If the device remains unresponsive or does not turn on (or power on), reset your device.
- If there is no video or if the screen remains black, verify that the device has enough charge to turn on:
- If you are using an iPad, ensure that it's connected to the USB Power Adapter supplied with the device.
- Let it charge for at least twenty minutes, then see if it starts normally.
- If there is no image on the screen, press the Sleep/Wake button to attempt to wake the device.
- If the screen displays a red battery icon, continue charging the device until the battery is fully charged. Learn more about charging iPhone and iPod touch, or iPad.
- If the above steps do not resolve the issue, or the if the screen remains black or shows a persistent Apple logo, try restoring with iTunes:
- If the above steps do not resolve the issue, contact Apple.