Power Mac G5 (Late 2004) System Firmware Update for Mac OS X 10.3.9
About Power Mac G5 (Late 2004) System Firmware Update for Mac OS X 10.3.9
This Power Mac G5 System Firmware Update is only for the 1.8 GHz, (600 MHz bus), single-processor Power Mac G5 (Late 2004) computer. This update improves the reliability of your Power Mac G5, especially after it has been inactive for two hours.
Before you install the Power Mac G5 System Firmware Update:
Use Software Update to make sure you have Mac OS X v10.3.9 installed on your Mac. To use Software Update, choose Apple/ Software Update. The Software Update window opens and a list of available updates appears. Select the items you want to install, and then click Install.
Note: Your Power Mac G5 must be connected to the Internet to use Software Update.
To update the firmware on your Power Mac G5, follow the instructions below. You can print these instructions so they are available while you upgrade your firmware.
1. Download the updater that corresponds to the Mac OS version on your Power Mac G5.
2. Save changes to your open files and then quit any open applications.
3. Open the appropriate updater.
4. Type an administrator password when the dialog box appears.
5. Choose Update to begin the firmware update. When the update starts, a progress bar appears onscreen.
6. Click Shut Down when the firmware update is complete.
7. Restart your computer.
Note: Once the update begins, do not cancel or interrupt it. The update takes over one minute to complete. During the update, the Power Mac fans run at full speed. They return to normal once the update is complete.
For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: Power Mac G5 (Late 2004) 1.8GHz models stop responding randomly
To download the Power Mac G5 (Late 2004) System Firmware Update for Mac OS X 10.4.3 please visit this website: Power Mac G5 (Late 2004) Firmware Update v 1.1