Before you install Server app, you must turn on remote administration on your server.
Turn on remote administration
- On your server, open Server app.
- In the sidebar, select the server.
- Select Settings.
- Select the "Allow remote administration using Server" checkbox.
Install Server app
- On your administrator computer, sign in to the Mac App Store. Use the same ID that you used to buy the app.
- On the Purchases tab, find Server app.
- Click Install.
Set up Server app
- On your administrator computer, open Server app.
- When you see the "Welcome to Server" window, don’t click Continue. Instead, click Manage, then choose Connect to Server.
- If your server appears in the list, choose it and type the administrator name and password.
- If your server doesn’t appear in the list, click Other Mac, then click Continue. Type the server’s host name or IP address.