MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012) - Technical Specifications
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) high-resolution LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- Supported resolutions:
1440 x 900 (native), 1280 x 800, 1152 x 720, and 1024 x 640 at 16:10 ratio and 1024 x 768 and 800 x 600 at 4:3 ratio.
- 128GB flash storage
- 256GB flash storage
Configurable to 512GB flash storage.
1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
4GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory
Configurable to 8GB.
Size and Weight
- Height: 0.11-0.68 inch (0.3-1.7 cm)
- Width: 12.8 inches (32.5 cm)
- Depth: 8.94 inches (22.7 cm)
- Weight: 2.96 pounds (1.35 kg)2
Graphics and Video Support
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Dual display and video mirroring:
Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
- Thunderbolt digital video output
- Native Mini DisplayPort output
- DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
- Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- HDMI audio and video output using third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (sold separately)
720p FaceTime HD camera
Connections and Expansion
- Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps)
- MagSafe 2 power port
- SD card slot
- 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;3 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Stereo speakers
- Omnidirectional microphone
- Headphone port
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with remote and microphone
Keyboard and Trackpad
- Full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement) with ambient light sensor
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
Battery and Power4
- Up to 7 hours wireless web
- Up to 30 days standby time
- Built-in 50-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter with cable management; MagSafe 2 power port
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-24° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
- OS X Mountain Lion
Includes Mail, Messages, Contacts, Calendar, Safari, Reminders, Notification Center, Notes, Dictation, iCloud, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, AirPlay, Game Center, the Mac App Store, iTunes, Gatekeeper, Twitter and Facebook integration,5 and more. Learn more about OS X Mountain Lion
Includes iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand.
Limited Warranty and Service
Your MacBook Air comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan to extend your service and support to three years from your computer’s purchase date. Only the AppleCare Protection Plan provides you with direct telephone support from Apple technical experts and the assurance that repairs will be handled by Apple-authorized technicians using genuine Apple parts. For more information, visit Apple Support or call 800-823-2775.
In the Box
- MacBook Air
- 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Printed and electronic documentation
Configure to Order
Configure your MacBook Air to order with these options, only at the Apple Online Store:
- 2.0GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz)
- 8GB memory upgrade
- 512GB of flash storage
MacBook Air and the Environment
Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact.
MacBook Air is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Highly recyclable aluminum enclosure
- Meets ENERGY STAR 5.2 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold7
Apple and the Environment
Learn more about Apple’s dedication to reducing the environmental impact of our products and process. Or read our Product Environmental Reports for detailed information on the environmental performance of every Apple product.
Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization. Learn more about how to recycle your Mac.
DECLARED NOISE EMISSIONS in accordance with ISO 9296
|Sound Power Level
1 B = 10 dB
|Sound Pressure Level
|Hard drive accessing||N/A||N/A|
|CD drive accessing||N/A||N/A|
- Mac Software
- Logic Pro
- Final Cut Pro X
- Displays and Adapters
- Apple Thunderbolt Display
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
- MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter
- AirPort and Wireless
- AirPort Extreme Base Station
- AirPort Express Base Station
- Time Capsule
- Apple Wireless Keyboard
- Apple Magic Mouse
- Apple Magic Trackpad
- Other Accessories
- Apple USB SuperDrive
- Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter
- AppleCare Protection Plan
- Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
- 1GB=1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- Testing conducted by Apple in May 2012 using preproduction 1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 13-inch MacBook Air units and preproduction 1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 11-inch MacBook Air units. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 50%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- Facebook integration coming this fall.
- PVC-free AC power cord available in all regions except China mainland and South Korea.
- MacBook Air achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S. and Canada.