iCal 5.x: If people aren’t receiving your event invitations
This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple.
If you invited people to an iCal event but some or all guests aren’t receiving your event invitations, make sure there’s no problem with your email or Internet access.
- Make sure you’re using Mac OS X Mail to send and receive email and that it’s set up correctly. Try sending an email message to make sure there’s nothing wrong with your account settings or Internet access. For more information about setting up your email accounts in Mail, see this Mail help topic:
- Make sure you created a card for yourself in Address Book (in Launchpad) that includes all of your email addresses, and that you chose Make This My Card from the Card menu. For more information about creating a card for yourself in Address Book, see this Address Book help topic:
- Make sure you’re using the correct email address for the people you’re trying to invite, and send them a test email to see whether they can receive email.
- Make sure there’s nothing wrong with your Internet connection or the Internet connections of the people you’re trying to invite. For more information, see this help topic:
- If you made changes to the event, make sure you sent the updated invitation to your invitees by clicking Update at the bottom of the event editor. For more information, see this help topic:
Last Modified: Nov 6, 2013