NeXTSTEP Current Patch List
All NeXTSTEP 3.3 users should install the following patch:
- NEXTSTEP 3.3 Patch 3--This patch contains general fixes for the NeXTSTEP operating system, including date handling issues related to the year 2000.
There are several additional patches you may wish to install, depending on your needs:
NeXTSTEP versions previous to 3.3
There are several patches now available for users of NeXTSTEP versions previous to NeXTSTEP 3.3:
- NeXTSTEP NT Printer Patch--This patch corrects an issue with printing to Windows NT 3.1 printers from NeXTSTEP.
- NeXTSTEP 3.2 HP-PA Precompiled Header Patch--This patch fixes an incompatibility issue with the PA-RISC versions of NeXTSTEP 3.2.
- NeXTSTEP 3.1/3.2 Sendmail Patch--This patch fixes some security issues with the sendmail utility.
- NeXTSTEP 3.2 DOS Filesystem Patch--This patch corrects some filesystem interoperablity issues.
- NeXTSTEP 3.2 libg++ Patch--This patch installs the libg++ library on NeXTSTEP 3.2 systems.
- NeXTSTEP 3.2 /etc/restore Patch--This patch installs /etc/restore Update 1.
- NeXTSTEP 3.2 DBKit Oracle Adaptor Patch--This patch should be installed only by DBKit users.
- NeXTSTEP 3.2 libMallocDebug Patch--This patch should be installed by NeXTSTEP developers who use the debugging features of malloc.
Enterprise Objects Framework 1.1
There are no patches currently available for users of EOF 1.1, but you should read the following article if you use the examples provided with EOF.
- Correcting Century Issues in the EOF Examples--Apple is not aware of any century issues with Enterprise Objects Framework version 1.1 which would affect development or deployment of EOF applications. However, two scripts which install exaple data on Oracle for the Enterprise Objects Examples use a two-digit year format, which is not consistent with Apple's current date-handling practice. This article provides instructions on how to change the EOF examples to avoid this issue.
Enterprise Objects Framework 1.0
There are no patches currently available for users of EOF 1.0.