Apple Displays: The Front Light of the Display is Flashing
This article describes what to do if the front light of the display is flashing.
This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple.
On some Apple flat-panel displays, the power light can display a series of short flashes when an error has been detected.
- Apple Studio Display (15-inch flat panel)
- Apple Studio Display (17-inch flat panel)
- Apple Cinema Display (20-inch flat panel)
- Apple Cinema Display (22-inch flat panel)
- Apple Cinema HD Display (23-inch flat panel)
- If you see a repeating sequence of three short flashes, the monitor is detecting input in the wrong video format. Check that your monitor is compatible with your graphics card and that you've installed the correct display software, if your monitor came with installation software.
- If you see a sequence of two short flashes and a long flash, the monitor is detecting a problem with a backlighting lamp. Contact an Apple-authorized dealer or service provider.
Last Modified: Feb 18, 2012