iBook keyboard layout
Learn how the white iBook G3 and iBook G4 computers' keyboard layout differs from that of previous iBook computers.
The white iBook G3 and iBook G4 computers have a different keyboard layout from previous models of iBook.
White iBook G3 and iBook G4 computer keyboard layout differences:
- The layout is more symmetrical than the previous version.
- There are two Command keys, one on either side of the space bar.
- The Enter key is smaller.
- There is one Option key, to the left of the space bar.
- The keyboard latches are now located before the F1 key and after the F11 key.
- The Mute function key has been moved to F3.
For increased stability and better seating of the keyboard, engage the locking mechanism located between the F5 and F6 keys.