iSync, Mac OS X 10.4: Issues with iSync and Palm device if Palm Desktop not installed
Issue or symptom
iSync may be unresponsive, or may not open at all, if Palm devices have been added to iSync but Palm Desktop software is not installed. This article applies to Mac OS X 10.4 through 10.4.11.
- Quit all running applications.
- From the Finder's Go menu, choose Go to Folder.
- Go to this folder (type or paste the following):
- Delete the folder named "Local". Note: Do not remove any other folders from the SyncServices folder, if you see others.
- Reinstall Palm Desktop 4.2.1 or later software before opening iSync.
Important: Information about products not manufactured by Apple is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute Apple's recommendation or endorsement. Please contact the vendor for additional information.