Mac OS X 10.4: Use Gimp-Print driver with Lexmark Z53
If you're printing to a Lexmark Z53 printer using the Lexmark driver included with Tiger, and the print queue stops without printing, try using the Gimp-Print driver instead. Here's how to switch the printer driver.
- From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
- Click Print & Fax to display its preference pane.
- Click the Printing tab.
- Remove your current Lexmark Z53 printer by selecting it in the pane, then clicking the minus sign (-) button.
- Click the plus sign (+) button to open Printer Setup Utility.
- Select "Lexmark Z53" in the Printer Browser window.
- From the Print Using pop-up menu, choose Lexmark.
- In the Model list that appears below it, select "Lexmark Z53 - Gimp-Print v5.0.0-beta2."
Tip: If "Lexmark Z53 - Gimp-Print v5.0.0-beta2" does not appear in the list of Lexmark printer models, use Optional Installs to install Gimp Printer Drivers.
- Click Add.
Note: The Gimp-Print driver should provide basic printing functions for the printer, but not all features may be available.
Important: Information about products not manufactured by Apple is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute Apple's recommendation or endorsement. Please contact the vendor for additional information.