About the Apple Remote Desktop 2.2 Update
The Apple Remote Desktop 2.2 Update improves reliability and compatibility, and it's recommended for all users of Apple Remote Desktop 2. Note: Be sure to quit the Remote Desktop administration application before updating to version 2.2. If the admin application is open when the updater is run, you will have to add your client computers again and recreate your computer lists.
Here are some of the improvements included with this version:
- Now correctly copies files to symlinked directories such as "/tmp".
- Improved reliability for installing from .mpkg files.
- Can now install iTunes 4.7 and iTunes 4.7.1.
- Improved reliability for generating system and software reports.
- Correctly reports systems that have more than 2 GB of memory installed.
- During control sessions, keys typed on Japanese keyboards will display correctly.
- Improved reliability for the Share Screen command.
- Brightness is no longer reset when a client is shut down during display sleep.
- Compatibility with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
- Scanners now retain settings across Admin sessions and/or changed locations.
- Improvements in reporting the correct status of computers.
- Improved launch time of the Apple Remote Desktop application.