Bluetooth: How to Set Up a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse
This document describes how to set up a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse with Mac OS X 10.2.6 or later.
Important: Before starting, be sure you have updated to Mac OS X 10.2.6 or later. If your Macintosh does not have built-in Bluetooth hardware, connect a USB Bluetooth adapter to one of the USB ports on the computer. If your computer came with a wired mouse, keep it connected until setup of the new Bluetooth mouse is complete. After setup is complete, you can disconnect the wired mouse.
Follow these steps:
- 1. Open the Bluetooth Setup Assistant (/Applications/Utilities/).
2. Click Continue.
3. At the Select Device Type panel, select Mouse. Do not click Continue yet.
4. Press the Connect/Channel button located on the underside of the Bluetooth mouse.
Note: This button is located next to the battery compartment on recent models.
5. Click Continue. Microsoft Mouse should appear in the device list of the Search pane.
Note: If your mouse is not listed in the Search pane, try pressing the button on the underside of the mouse again, then click the Go Back button in the Setup Assistant, and click Continue to reinitiate the search. If the mouse is still not listed, be sure that you have installed working batteries in the mouse. The light on the underside of the mouse should light when you click a mouse button. See the documentation that came with the mouse for more information.
6. Select the mouse in the Setup Assistant listing, then click Continue. The assistant tries to pair with the mouse.
7. Once the assistant indicates that the computer and mouse have successfully paired, click Continue.
8. The setup should be complete. Click the Quit button to exit setup.
You should now be able to use the Bluetooth mouse.
Important: Information about products not manufactured by Apple is provided for information purposes only, and does not constitute Apple's recommendation or endorsement. Please contact the vendor for additional information.
Document 17159, "Locating Vendor Information" can help you search for a particular vendor's address and phone number.