Mac mini (M1, 2020) - Technical specifications
- Apple M1 chip
8-core CPU with 4 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores
16-core Neural Engine
8GB unified memory
Configurable to 16GB
Configurable to: 512GB, 1TB, or 2TB
- Simultaneously supports up to two displays:
One display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz connected via Thunderbolt and one display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz connected via HDMI 2.0
- Thunderbolt 3 digital video output supports
Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
Thunderbolt 2, DVI, and VGA output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- HDMI 2.0 display video output
Support for one display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz
DVI output using HDMI to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- Built-in speaker
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- HDMI 2.0 port supports multichannel audio output
Connections and Expansion
- Two Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports with support for:
- Thunderbolt 3 (up to 40 Gb/s)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gb/s)
- Thunderbolt 2, HDMI, DVI, and VGA supported using adapters (sold separately)
- Two USB-A ports (up to 5 Gb/s)
- HDMI 2.0 port
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 wireless networking
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac compatible
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
Size and Weight
- Height: 1.4 inches (3.6 cm)
- Width: 7.7 inches (19.7 cm)
- Depth: 7.7 inches (19.7 cm)
- Weight: 2.6 pounds (1.2 kg)2
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100–240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Maximum continuous power: 150W
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: –40° to 116° F (–40° to 47° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 16,400 feet (5000 meters)
- Typical acoustical performance: Sound pressure level (operator position): 5 dBA at idle3
In the Box
- Mac mini
- Power cord
macOS is the most advanced desktop operating system in the world. macOS Big Sur introduces a bold new design and major updates to apps — taking macOS to a new level of power and beauty. Learn more - Operating System
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new Mac mini. With built-in support for vision, hearing, mobility, and learning, you can create and do amazing things. Learn more - Accessibility
- Voice Control
- Increase Contrast
- Reduce Motion
- Siri and Dictation
- Switch Control
- Closed Captions
- Text to Speech
- Voice Memos
- Photo Booth
- App Store
- Time Machine
- Find My
- QuickTime Player
Configure to Order
Configure your Mac mini with these options, only at apple.com:
- 16GB unified memory
- 512GB, 1TB, or 2TB SSD
Mac mini and the Environment
Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact. Learn more - Mac mini and the Environment
Mac mini is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:5: See the Mac mini Product Environmental Report
Made with better materials
- 100% recycled aluminum in the enclosure
- 100% recycled tin in the solder of the main logic board
- 35% or more recycled plastic in multiple components
- ENERGY STAR® certified6
- BFR-, PVC-, and beryllium-free
- Apple’s Zero Waste Program helps suppliers eliminate waste sent to landfill
- All final assembly supplier sites are transitioning to 100% renewable energy for Apple production
- 100% of virgin wood fiber comes from responsibly managed forests
- Recyclable, majority-fiber packaging
Apple and the Environment
We’re committed to making our products without taking from the earth, and to become carbon neutral across our entire business, including products, by 2030. See Apple’s commitment
Declared noise emission values in accordance with ECMA-109
|Sound Power Level
L W A,m (B)
|Sound Pressure Level
L p A,m (dB)
|Idle||1.4 (K V = 0.3)||5|
|Wireless web||1.4 (K V = 0.3)||5|
- L W A,m is the mean A-weighted sound power level, rounded to the nearest 0.1 B.
- L p A,m is the mean A-weighted sound pressure level measured at the operator position (rounded to the nearest 1 dB).
- 1 B (bel) = 10 dB (decibel)
- K v is the statistical adder for computing upper-limit of A-weighted sound power level.
- The quantity, L W A,c (formerly called L W Ad) may be computed from the sum of L W A,m and K v .
- The Wireless web test browses 25 popular websites.
- Configuration tested: Apple M1 chip, 8GB memory, 512GB storage.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Acoustics measured from typical operator position sitting in front of standard Mac mini system. Acoustics may vary by configuration.
- iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are available on the Mac App Store. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID and a device that is compatible with the OS version required for each app.
- Data accurate as of product launch.
- ENERGY STAR and the ENERGY STAR mark are registered trademarks owned by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Apple defines its restrictions on harmful substances, including definitions for what Apple considers to be “free of,” in the Apple Regulated Substances Specification. Every Apple product is free of PVC and phthalates with the exception of AC power cords in India, Thailand (for two-prong AC power cords), and South Korea, where we continue to seek government approval for our PVC and phthalates replacement.
- PVC-free AC power cord available in all regions except India and South Korea.
- Recycled material claim applies to the enclosure.
- Mac mini achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S. and Canada.