MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) - Technical Specifications
- Space Gray
- Retina display
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560-by-1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
- Supported scaled resolutions:
- 1680 by 1050
- 1440 by 900
- 1024 by 640
- 500 nits brightness
- Wide color gamut (P3)
- 2.0GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz, with 4MB shared L3 cache
Configurable to 2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz, with 4MB shared L3 cache
256GB PCIe-based onboard SSD
Configurable to 512GB or 1TB SSD
- 8GB of 1866MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
Configurable to 16GB of memory
- Intel Iris Graphics 540
Charging and Expansion
Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports with support for:
- Thunderbolt (up to 40 Gbps)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps)
Keyboard and Trackpad
- Full-size backlit keyboard with:
- 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys
- Ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing, and Multi-Touch gestures
802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:
- One display with 5120-by-2880 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors
- Up to two displays with 4096-by-2304 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors
Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
- VGA, HDMI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- Stereo speakers with high dynamic range
- Two microphones
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
Battery and Power2
- Up to 10 hours wireless web
- Up to 10 hours iTunes movie playback
- Up to 30 days of standby time
- Built-in 54.5-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 61W USB-C Power Adapter
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: –13° to 113° F (–25° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
Size and Weight
- Height: 0.59 inch (1.49 cm)
- Width: 11.97 inches (30.41 cm)
- Depth: 8.36 inches (21.24 cm)
- Weight: 3.02 pounds (1.37 kg)3
macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS Sierra introduces Siri to Mac4 — along with new ways to enjoy your photos, shop more securely online, and work more seamlessly between devices.
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook Pro. With built-in support for vision, hearing, physical and motor skills, and learning and literacy, you can create and do amazing things.
- Increase Contrast
- Reduce Motion
- Siri and Dictation
- Switch Control
- Closed Captions
- Text to Speech
- Photo Booth
- App Store
- Time Machine
What’s in the Box
- 13-inch MacBook Pro
- 61W USB-C Power Adapter
- USB-C Charge Cable (2 m)
Limited Warranty and Service
Every Mac comes with a one-year limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary telephone technical support. Extend your coverage to three years from your Mac original purchase date with the AppleCare Protection Plan. You’ll get direct, one-stop access to Apple’s award-winning technical support for questions about your Mac, macOS, and Apple-branded applications such as Photos, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and more. In addition, you’ll get 24/7 priority access to Apple experts via chat or phone through getsupport.apple.com. You can even get local repair service when you visit other countries around the world.
Configure to Order
Configure your MacBook Pro with these options, only at apple.com:
- 2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz, with 4MB shared L3 cache
- 16GB of 1866MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- 512GB or 1TB PCIe-based onboard SSD
MacBook Pro and the Environment
Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact. Learn more
MacBook Pro is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Highly recyclable aluminum enclosure
- Meets ENERGY STAR 6.1 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold7
Apple and the Environment
Learn more about Apple’s dedication to reducing the environmental impact of our products and process. Or read our Product Environmental Reports for detailed information on the environmental performance of every Apple product.
Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization.
Learn more about how to recycle your Mac
- Final Cut Pro X
- Logic Pro X
Displays and Adapters
- LG UltraFine 4K Display
- LG UltraFine 5K Display
- Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter
- USB-C to USB Adapter
- USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
- USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter
- USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
AirPort and Wireless
- AirPort Express
- AirPort Extreme
- AirPort Time Capsule
- USB-C to Lightning Cable
- USB-C Charge Cable
- 61W USB-C Power Adapter
- Magic Keyboard
- Magic Trackpad 2
- Magic Mouse 2
Declared noise emission values in accordance with ECMA-109
|Sound Power Level
L W A,m (B)
|Sound Pressure Level
L p A,m (dB)
|Idle||1.25 (K V =0.25)||3.5|
|Wireless web||1.25 (K V =0.25)||3.5|
- L W A,m is the mean A-weighted sound power level, rounded to the nearest 0.05 B.
- L p A,m is the mean A-weighted sound pressure level measured at operator position (rounded to the nearest 0.5 dB).
- 1 B (bel) = 10 dB (decibel)
- K v is the statistical adder for computing upper-limit of A-weighted sound power level.
- The quantity, L W A,c (formerly called L W Ad) may be computed from the sum of L W A,m and K v .
- The Wireless web test browses 25 popular websites.
- Configuration tested: 2GHz dual-core Intel i5 processor, 8GB memory, 1TB storage, Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Testing conducted by Apple in October 2016 using preproduction 2.0GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with a 256GB SSD and 8GB of RAM (wireless web test, iTunes movie playback test, and standby test). Testing conducted by Apple in October 2016 using preproduction 2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with a 512GB SSD and 8GB of RAM (wireless web test and iTunes movie playback test) and preproduction 2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with a 256GB SSD and 8GB of RAM (standby test). The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The iTunes movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 1080p content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network and signed in to an iCloud account, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas, and features may vary by area.
- iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are available on the Mac App Store. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID and a device that is compatible with the OS version required for each app.
- PVC-free AC power cord available in all regions except India and South Korea.
- MacBook Pro achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S. and Canada.