iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2014) - Technical Specifications
- 21.5-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 1920-by-1080 resolution with support for millions of colors
dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
- 8GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- 500GB (5400-rpm) hard drive
Configurable to 1TB hard drive, 1TB Fusion Drive, or 256GB of PCIe-based flash storage.
- Intel HD Graphics 5000
Video Support and Camera
- FaceTime HD camera
- Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built‑in display and up to a 30-inch display (2560 by 1600 pixels) on an external display
- Support for extended desktop and video mirroring modes
- Support for Target Display Mode via the Thunderbolt port using a Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones
- Headphone port
- Headphone/optical digital audio output (minijack)
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
Connections and Expansion
- SDXC card slot
- Four USB 3 ports (compatible with USB 2)
- Two Thunderbolt ports
- Mini DisplayPort output
- Support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (adapters sold separately)
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Kensington lock slot
Apple Wireless Keyboard
Full-size keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement)
Smooth, seamless Multi‑Touch surface with support for simple gestures (scrolling and swiping). Click and double‑click anywhere. Ambidextrous construction accommodates left- and right‑handed users.
Glass Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch and expand, swipe, three‑finger swipe, four‑finger swipe, tap, double‑tap, rotate, screen zoom, scroll, click and drag, click drag and lock, secondary click A and B.
802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking;2 IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Size and Weight
- Height: 17.7 inches (45.0 cm)
- Width: 20.8 inches (52.8 cm)
- Stand depth: 6.9 inches (17.5 cm)
- Weight: 12.5 pounds (5.68 kg)3
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
Limited Warranty and Service
Your iMac comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a one‑year limited warranty. Purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan to extend your service and support to three years from your computer’s purchase date. Only the AppleCare Protection Plan provides you with direct telephone support from Apple technical experts and the assurance that repairs will be handled by Apple‑authorized technicians using genuine Apple parts. For more information, visit Apple Support or call 800-823-2775.
In the Box
- Apple Wireless Keyboard
- Apple Magic Mouse
- Power cord
- OS X Mavericks
Easy to use, incredibly powerful, and packed with features you’ll love, OS X Mavericks is the world’s most advanced desktop operating system. Learn more
OS X Mavericks Includes
- Notification Center
- Facebook Integration
- Twitter Integration
- Multiple Display Support
- Finder Tabs and Tags
- iCloud Keychain
- Mission Control
- Spotlight Search
- Safari Power Saver
- App Nap
- Power Nap
- Compressed Memory
- Built-in Sharing
- Time Machine
- Photo Booth
- Game Center
- Mac App Store
Configure to Order
Configure your iMac with these options, only at the Apple Online Store.
Looking for an iMac you can mount on a wall or an adjustable arm? Choose an iMac with a Built-in VESA Mount Adapter.
- Magic Trackpad
- 1TB hard drive
- 1TB Fusion Drive
- 256GB of flash storage
iMac and the Environment
Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact. Learn more
iMac is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- Highly recyclable aluminum and glass enclosures
- Meets ENERGY STAR Version 6.0 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold6
Apple and the Environment
Learn more about Apple’s dedication to reducing the environmental impact of our products and process. Or read our Product Environmental Reports for detailed information on the environmental performance of every Apple product.
Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization. Learn more about how to recycle your Mac.
Declared noise emission values in accordance with ECMA-109
|Sound Power Level
|Sound Pressure Level
|Idle||2.00 (Kv =0.25)||11.0|
|Hard drive seek||2.00 (Kv =0.25)||11.0|
|Wireless web||2.00 (Kv =0.25)||11.0|
- LWA,m is the mean A-weighted sound power level, rounded to the nearest 0.05 B.
- LpA,m is the mean A-weighted sound pressure level measured at the operator position (rounded to the nearest 0.5 dB).
- 1 B (bel) = 10 dB (decibel)
- KV is the statistical adder for computing upper-limit of A-weighted sound power level.
- The quantity, LWA,c (formerly called LWAd) may be computed from the sum of LWA,m and KV.
- The Wireless web test browses 25 popular websites.
Accessories and Software
- Logic Pro X
- Final Cut Pro X
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
- Apple Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
AirPort and Wireless
- AirPort Express
- AirPort Extreme
- AirPort Time Capsule
- Magic Trackpad
- Apple USB SuperDrive
- Apple Battery Charger
- AppleCare Protection Plan
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Based on an IEEE 802.11ac draft specification.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are free on the Mac App Store for qualifying Mac computers purchased on or after October 1, 2013. OS X Mavericks required. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID.
- PVC-free AC power cord available in all regions except India and South Korea.
- iMac achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S. and Canada.