Mac mini (original) - Technical Specifications
Mac mini (orig.) - Technical Specifications
|Configurations||1.25GHz Mac mini||1.42GHz Mac mini||SuperDrive Mac mini|
|Processor||1.25GHz PowerPC G4||1.42GHz PowerPC G4|
|Memory||512MB of PC2700 (333MHz) DDR SDRAM, supports up to 1GB|
|Graphics||ATI Radeon 9200 with 32MB of DDR SDRAM with AGP 4X support|
|Hard drive1||40GB Ultra ATA1||80GB Ultra ATA1|
|Optical drive||Slot-loading Combo Drive (DVD-ROM/CD-RW)||Slot-loading SuperDrive
|Ports||One FireWire 400 port; two USB 2.0 ports; DVI output; VGA output (adapter included)|
|Networking||Built-in 10/100BASE-T Ethernet and 56K V.92 modem2||Built-in 10/100BASE-T Ethernet (56K V.92 modem available as build-to-order option)|
|Wireless||Airport Extreme and Bluetooth available as build-to-order option||Built-in AirPort Extreme (based on 802.11g specification; IEEE 802.11b Wi-Fi certified)3; internal Bluetooth|
|Audio||Headphone/audio line out|
|System software||Mac OS X version 10.4 Tiger|
|Software||iLife ’05 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie HD, iDVD, GarageBand), Mail, Dashboard, Spotlight, iChat, Safari, Sherlock, QuickTime, iSync, iCal, DVD Player, Address Book, AppleWorks, iWork (30-day trial), Classic environment, Quicken 2005 for Macintosh, Nanosaur 2, Marble Blast Gold, Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive, Zinio Reader, XCode Developer Tools and Apple Hardware Test|
|Limited warranty and service||Your Mac mini comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan to extend your service and support to three full years. Only the AppleCare Protection Plan provides you with direct telephone support from Apple technical experts and the assurance that repairs will be handled by Apple-certified technicians using genuine Apple parts. For more information, visit Apple support or call 800-823-2775.|
|Build-to-Order Options||Order a custom-configured computer from the online Apple Store or an authorized Apple reseller.|
|Cables and adapters||
Processor and memory
- 1.25GHz or 1.42GHz PowerPC G4 processor with Velocity Engine
- 512K on-chip level 2 cache at full processor speed
- 167MHz system bus
- 512MB of PC2700 (333MHz) DDR SDRAM, expandable to up to 1GB5
- 40 or 80GB Ultra ATA hard disk drive1
- One of the following optical drives:
- Slot-loading Combo drive (DVD-ROM/CD-RW): reads DVDs at up to 8x speed, writes CD-R discs at up to 24x speed, writes CD-RW discs at up to 16x speed, reads CDs at up to 24x speed
- Optional SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW): writes DVD-R discs at up to 4x speed, writes DVD-RW discs at up to 2x speed, writes DVD+R discs at up to 4x speed, writes DVD+RW discs at up to 2.4x speed, reads DVDs at up to 8x speed, writes CD-R discs at up to 16x speed, writes CD-RW discs at up to 8x speed, reads CDs at up to 24x speed
- Built-in speaker
- Headphone/Audio Line-out jack
- ATI Radeon 9200 graphics processor with AGP 4X support
- 32MB of dedicated Double Data Rate (DDR) video memory
- DVI video output for digital resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 pixels; supports 20-inch Apple Cinema display and 23-inch Apple Cinema HD display; supports coherent digital displays up to 154MHz; supports non-coherent digital displays up to 135MHz
- VGA video output (using included adapter) to support analog resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 pixels
- S-video and composite video output to connect directly to a TV or projector (requires Apple DVI to Video Adapter, sold separately)
- One FireWire 400 port; 8 watts
- Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps) on computer
- 56K V.92 modem (RJ-11 connector) standard on some configurations, optional on others2
- Built-in 10/100BASE-T Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Internal 54-Mbps AirPort Extreme Card (based on IEEE 802.11g standard; Wi-Fi Certified for 802.11g and 802.11b interoperability) standard on some configurations, optional on others3
- Internal Bluetooth standard on some configurations, optional on others
Electrical and environmental requirements
- Meets ENERGY STAR requirements
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Maximum continuous power: 85W
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -40° to 116° F (-40° to 47° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum altitude: 10,000 feet
Size and weight
- Height: 2 inches (5.08 cm)
- Width: 6.5 inches (16.51 cm)
- Depth: 6.5 inches (16.51 cm)
- Weight: 2.9 pounds (1.32 kg)4
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Compatible ISP and telephone services required. Your ISP may not support all V.92 features. Modem will function according to V.90 standards if V.92 services are not available. Actual modem speeds lower.
- Wireless Internet access requires AirPort Extreme; AirPort, AirPort Express or AirPort Extreme Base Station; and Internet access (fees may apply). Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Memory, AirPort Extreme and internal Bluetooth upgrades must be performed by an Apple Authorized Service provider; fees may apply.
- Internet access requires a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.
- Product contains electronic documentation.
- Backup copy of software is included.
- Product specifications are subject to change without notice.
Published Date: Dec 21, 2012