iPod nano (7th generation) - Technical Specifications
- Space Gray
- Red - (PRODUCT)RED
Size and Weight
- Height: 3.01 inches (76.5 mm)
- Width: 1.56 inches (39.6 mm)
- Depth: 0.21 inch (5.4 mm)
- Weight: 1.1 ounces (31 grams)2
- True volume: 0.95 cu. inch (15,537 cu. mm)
- 2.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
- 240-by-432-pixel resolution at 202 pixels per inch
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Nike+ support
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- User-configurable maximum volume limit
External Buttons and Connectors
- Volume Down
- Volume Up
- On/Off - Sleep/Wake
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Lightning connector
Video Format Support
- H.264 video: 720 by 576 pixels, 30 frames per second; Baseline, Main, and High-Profile level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 256 Kbps; 48kHz; stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video: up to 2.5 Mbps, 720 by 576 pixels, 30 frames per second; Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 256 Kbps; 48kHz; stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- Regional settings for Americas, Asia, Australia, Europe, and Japan
- Live Pause feature for pausing a radio broadcast and rewinding (within a 15-minute buffer)
Power and Battery3
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Music playback time: Up to 30 hours
- Video playback time: Up to 3.5 hours
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter (sold separately)
- 35 UI languages:
Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, British English, Cantonese (Traditional Chinese), Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese. For Arabic and Hebrew, some UI elements are not right to left.
- Fitness spoken feedback is available in seven languages:
Chinese (Mandarin), English (U.S.), French (France), German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish (Spain).
- 29 VoiceOver languages:
Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australia, UK, U.S.), Finnish, French (Canada, France), German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish (Mexico, Spain), Swedish, Thai, Turkish.
- Apple EarPods4
- VoiceOver gesture-based screen reader
- High-resolution LCD display with adjustable backlight settings for easier reading in low light
- Invert Colors
- Mono Audio
- Mac: USB 2 or 3 port, OS X v10.7.5 or later, and iTunes 12.2 or later5
- PC: USB 2 port, Windows 7 or later, and iTunes 12.2 or later5
- Internet access required; broadband recommended; fees may apply
- Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
- Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet (3000 m)
In the Box
- iPod nano
- Apple EarPods
- Lightning to USB Cable
- Quick Start guide
iPod nano and the Environment
Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact. Learn more
iPod nano is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Arsenic‑free display glass
- Recyclable aluminum enclosure
Apple and the Environment
Learn more about Apple’s dedication to reducing the environmental impact of our products and process. Or read our Product Environmental Reports for detailed information on the environmental performance of every Apple product.
Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization. Learn more about how to recycle your iPod nano.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Testing conducted by Apple in August 2012 using preproduction iPod nano hardware and software. The playlist contained 358 unique audio tracks consisting of content imported from CDs using iTunes (128-Kbps AAC) and content purchased from the iTunes Store (256-Kbps AAC); video content was purchased from the iTunes Store. Battery tests are conducted with specific iPod units; actual results may vary. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced (see www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/battery). Battery life and number of charge cycles vary by use and settings. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- Remote and mic not included.
- iPod and iTunes are for legal or rightholder-authorized copying only. Don’t steal music.