MacBook Air (11-inch, Late 2010) - Technical Specifications
Size and weight
- 0.11-0.68 inch (0.3-1.7 cm)
- 11.8 inches (29.95 cm)
- 7.56 inches (19.2 cm)
- 2.3 pounds (1.06 kg)1
Processor and memory
1.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache; or optional 1.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB shared L2 cache
- 800MHz frontside bus
- 2GB of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM onboard (4GB maximum)
Environmental Status Report
MacBook Air is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Highly recyclable aluminum enclosure
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- Arsenic-free glass
- Meets ENERGY STAR requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold7
DECLARED NOISE EMISSIONS in accordance with ISO 9296
|Sound Power Level
1 B = 10 dB
|Sound Pressure Level
|Hard drive accessing||no value||no value|
|CD drive accessing||no value||no value|
- LWAd is the statistical upper-limit A-weighted sound power level (rounded to the nearest 0.1 B).
- LpAm is the mean A-weighted sound pressure level measured at the operator position (rounded to the nearest dB).
- 1 B (bel) = 10 dB (decibel).
11.6-inch (diagonal) high-resolution LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
Supported resolutions: 1366 by 768 (native), 1344 by 756, 1280 by 720, 1024 by 576 pixels at 16:9 aspect ratio; 1152 by 720, 1024 by 640, and 800 by 500 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio
Graphics and video support
Pure digital video output
- DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
- Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- HDMI output using a third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter (sold separately)
NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory3
Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
Keyboard and trackpad
- Full-size keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement)
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
- USB 2.0
- Mini DisplayPort
- USB 2.0
- Stereo speakers
- Omnidirectional microphone
- Headphone minijack
- Support for Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic
AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless networking4 (based on IEEE 802.11n specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology
Apple USB Ethernet Adapter (sold separately)
Battery and power5
Built-in 35-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
45W MagSafe power adapter with cable management system
MagSafe power port
Up to 5 hrs
Up to 30 days
Electrical and operating requirements
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F
(10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F
(-24° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
What’s in the box
- 11-inch MacBook Air
- 45W MagSafe power adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Software Reinstall Drive
Mac OS X Snow Leopard
Includes iTunes, Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, and more.
Includes iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, iWeb, and iDVD.
DVD or CD Sharing
Without a built-in optical drive, how do you install new applications? Simply use DVD or CD Sharing. This convenient feature of Mac OS X lets you wirelessly “borrow” the optical drive of a nearby Mac or PC. So you can install applications from a DVD or CD and have full access to an optical drive without having to carry one around.
|11-inch MacBook Air
|11-inch MacBook Air
|Enclosure||Precision aluminum unibody|
|Processor||1.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo|
|L2 cache||3MB shared|
|Memory||2GB of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM onboard (4GB maximum)|
|Storage2||64GB of flash storage||128GB of flash storage|
|Slot-loading optical drive||Optional external USB MacBook Air SuperDrive (sold separately)|
|Graphics||NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory3|
|Video||FaceTime camera; Mini DisplayPort output port with support for DVI, VGA, dual-link DVI, and HDMI (requires adapters, sold separately)|
|Display||11.6-inch (diagonal) high-resolution LED-backlit glossy widescreen display, 1366-by-768 resolution|
|USB||Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)|
|Audio||Stereo speakers, omnidirectional microphone, headphone minijack|
|Networking||Apple USB Ethernet Adapter (sold separately)|
|Wireless||AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi (based on IEEE 802.11n specification)4; Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology|
|Hardware accessories||45W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, power cord|
|Your MacBook Air comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan to extend your service and support to three years from your computer’s purchase date. Only the AppleCare Protection Plan provides you with direct telephone support from Apple technical experts and the assurance that repairs will be handled by Apple-authorized technicians using genuine Apple parts. For more information, visit Apple support or call 800-823-2775.|
|Apple and the global
|Learn more about Apple’s dedication to reducing the environmental impact of our products and processes. The Apple Product Environmental Specification details the environmental attributes of our products.|
|Recycling||Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization. Learn more about how to recycle your Mac.|
MacBook Air SuperDrive
Play or burn discs directly with the external USB-based MacBook Air SuperDrive. Thin, light, and easy to take with you, this drive is designed specifically for MacBook Air.
- Slot-loading 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Size: 139 x 139 x 17 mm / 5.47 x 5.47 x 0.67 inches (L x W x H)
- Weight: 335 g (0.74 pound)
- Requires MacBook Air with available USB 2.0 port
MagSafe Airline Adapter
Plug into your airline seat power port and keep MacBook Air powered up for the entire flight.
Connect your MacBook Air to an external display or projector using one of these adapters.
Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
- Time Capsule
- AirPort Extreme Base Station
- AirPort Express Base Station
- Apple Wireless Keyboard
- Magic Mouse
- AppleCare Protection Plan
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- 1GB=1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Memory available to Mac OS X may vary depending on graphics needs. Minimum graphics memory usage is 256MB.
- Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- Testing conducted by Apple in September 2010 using preproduction 1.86GHz Intel Core 2 Duo–based 13-inch MacBook Air units and preproduction 1.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo–based 11-inch MacBook Air units. The wireless productivity test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 50%. Standby testing conducted by Apple in September 2010 using preproduction 1.86GHz and 2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo–based 13-inch MacBook Air units as well as preproduction 1.4GHz and 1.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo–based 11-inch MacBook Air units. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network, to enter deep sleep mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- PVC-free AC power cord is available in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Venezuela, and other regions where agency approvals are given.
- MacBook Air achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S., Canada, France, Germany, and the UK.