Final Cut Pro 2 - Technical Specifications
|Final Cut Pro 2 - Part Numbers|
Final Cut Pro 2 System Requirements
- Macintosh computer with a 300MHz or faster Blue & White G3 or G4 processor (Beige G3s are not supported).
- Mac OS 9.1 or later (9.1 Updater included — Final Cut Pro 2 is not certified to run in Mac OS X or in Classic-mode**).
- QuickTime 5.0 or later (included).
- available memory of 105MB.
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
- 20MB of available disk space required for installation (one or more high-performance SCSI media drives recommended).
Video Editing Systems*
- Aurora Video Systems Igniter Studio.
- Digital Voodoo D1 Desktop 64AV.
- Pinnacle Systems Targa CinéWave.
- Digital Voodoo D1 Desktop 64A V.
- Matrox RTMac.
Final Cut Pro 2 Device Qualification
- The Final Cut Pro qualification team performs extensive in-house tests to determine whether or not the latest devices work with current Apple hardware and software. See the current list of devices qualified with Final Cut Pro 2.
Input and output formats
- DV video using FireWire.
- Composite and component NTSC and PAL analog using Final Cut Pro 2-qualified cards.*
- QuickTime video and file formats, including Motion and Photo JPEG, Sorenson, Cinepak, and more.
- Standard image formats (BMP, JPEG, MacPaint, Photoshop, PICT, PNG, QuickTime Image, SGI, TARGA, TIFF) with alpha channels maintained (import only).
- Standard sound formats, including AIFF, WAV, and various compressions.
- Simultaneous output to a computer monitor and an NTSC or PAL TV monitor, VCR or camera.
- Export in QuickTime web-streaming format.
- Import and export of common EDLs with pre-read options.
Printing to tape and exporting
- Instant playback of cuts.
- Insert and assemble to tape using device control.
- Up to 4,000x4,000-pixel resolution in any combination, including ITU-R 601 720x486-pixel and 720x576 nonsquare pixel options.
- Compressed or uncompressed output.
- 60-field processing.
- Sampling at 8 to 48 kHz and 8 to 16 bits.
- New reverb filters.
- Real-time mixing of 8 or more audio tracks.
- Audio pan controls.
- Logarithmic audio fades.
- Scrubbing with or without pitch shifting.
- Automatic, single-step audio transitions.
- More than 12 audio filters, including three-band and parameter equalizer, compressor/limiter, 60/120Hz hum remover, and noise gate.
- Multiple resolutions and redigitizing options.
- Batch digitizing into bins.
- Support for making subclips during logging.
- Ability to add scene, shot, take, and comment notations to footage as it is being logged.
- Waveform monitor and vectorscope.
- Auto-sync compensator.
- Multiple bins and folders for clip and effects storage.
- Icon and list views by name and other parameters.
- Ability to open multiple sequences and programs.
- Support for multi-item sorts, sifts, and Boolean searches.
- Storage of clip information in 34 bin categories such as file size, frame rate, and comments.
- Optional subclips.
- Ability to scroll through thumbnails in the Browser window.
- Three-point editing.
- “JKL” keyboard support.
- Match frame for replacing edits.
- L cuts.
- Multitrack trimming.
- Multiple actions, including insert, overlay, and replace.
- Ability to back-time edits in a single step.
- Active track targeting.
- Numerical trimming from timeline.
- Slip trimming and slide trimming.
- Support for editing and trimming using black (null) space.
- Sync multiple video edits to a single audio track.
- Sync detection and automatic correction.
- Markers with or without comments an durations.
- Choice of editing with offline or online files.
- One-step transition and superimpose edit mode.
- Inline transitions instead of A/B model.
- Editing palette containing the most-used functions.
Compositing and effects
- Direct manipulation of video and images.
- Unlimited compositing layers.
- Import of Adobe Photoshop files with layers maintained to add effects and motion.
- Subpixel motion accuracy.
- Insertion of fully editable nested sequences.
- Text generator, outlined text generator as well as “Scrolling,” “Crawl” and “Typewriter”.
- Keyframe-based filters.
- Real-time wire frame playback.
- More than 75 built-in filters and keying effects.
- Support for qualified third-party After Effects plug-ins, including Ultimatte, Boris, and Cinelook.
- FXBuilder scripting language for creating custom filters and transitions.
- Ability to apply effects to time ranges, not just clips.
- Photoshop-like transfer modes, such as multiply and lighten.
- Multiple compositing methods, including alpha, blue and green screen, luminance, and more.
- Automatic alpha compositing.
- Time effects such as slow motion with frame blending.
- Motion blur and sophisticated image deinterlacing.
- Four user-defined rendering qualities for fast previews.
- Separate render cache for each quality setting.
- More than 60 predefined transitions.
*Refer to the list of qualified devices for compatibility information.
**We are working to bring a version of Final Cut Pro to Mac OS X that takes full advantage of the new operating system.