Final Cut Express 1 - Technical Specifications
|Final Cut Express 1 - Part Number|
Final Cut Express 1 System requirements
- Macintosh computer with a 300-MHz or faster PowerPC G3 or G4 processor and built-in FireWire.
- A 500-MHz or faster single or 450-MHz dualprocessor Power Mac G4 or PowerBook G4 is required for G4 real-time effects.
- A 667-MHz PowerBook G4 is required for mobile G4 real-time effects.
- Mac OS X v10.2 or later.
- QuickTime 6.0.2 or later.
- 256MB of RAM (384MB recommended for G4 real-time effects).
- 40MB of available disk space required for installation.
- Plug-and-play support for most DV25-format camcorders and decks:MiniDV and DVCAM (NTSC or PAL).
- Works effortlessly with most FireWire-enabled MiniDV camcorders from leading manufacturers like Sony, Canon, Panasonic, and JVC.
- Print to Video command lets you send a sequence or clip to videotape for recording.
- Projects can be recorded on your DV camcorder.
- Footage can be looped if you want to output your program multiple times on the same tape.
- Import your completed project in iDVD or DVD Studio Pro to create a DVD.
- Add chapter markers with or without comments and durations to jump to specified content.
- Projects can be exported using a wide range of codecs, including MPEG-4, for distribution via email or the web.
- Unique mode-free interface lets you move seamlessly between editing, trimming, compositing and effects, and audio functions in the Viewer, Canvas, Browser, and Timeline.
- Three-point editing model uses three edit points to define where a new clip should be added to your sequence. Final Cut Express calculates the fourth point.
- Editing commands are available from multiple points in the interface.
- Sync detection and correction compensates for audio and video tracks that slip out of sync.
- Edits to clips reference the original video so the source footage is never altered.
- Multiple editing actions, including insert, overwrite, and replace, give you control over how clips are added to the timeline.
- Extend and split trimming edit functions include slip-and-slide, ripple, and roll tools.
- Active track targeting lets you specify individual or multiple tracks to apply edits to, or to protect from being edited.
- The Autosave Vault saves your project at specified intervals so you can return to any point in your edit without losing your work.
Transitions, Filters and Effects
- Final Cut Express includes over 200 transitions, filters, and effects.
- Precision controls are available simply by clicking a tab in the Viewer window.
- Real-time effects deliver select transitions, titles, and composites without rendering on Mac systems equipped with G4 processors.
- Make sure flesh tones and other key elements are accurate.
- Mix colors to achieve a visual style.
- Match footage from different sources for consistency.
- Correct errors in color balance and exposure.
- Use nesting to build virtually unlimited compositing layers for complex video effects.
- Import Adobe Photoshop files complete with layers to create effects and motion graphics.
- Use Bezier curves with movable motion paths, graphs, and numerical controls to apply and control animations.
- Smooth compositing animations with ease in/ease out motion paths.
- Use time effects, including slow motion with frame blending, to create smooth time-altered playback.
- With accurate subpixel interpolation rendering, effects placed on a clip are applied smoothly to produce a high-quality result.
- Apply effects to time ranges, not just clips, for full control over the look of a sequence.
- Use Photoshop-like transfer modes such as multiply and lighten.
- Use the flicker filter to incorporate still frames from video.
- Boris Calligraphy plug-ins help you create 3D titles.
- Precision controls are available simply by clicking a tab.
- Use the titling tools to create a range of title styles to fit your project.
- Use the Final Cut Express standard and scrolling text generators to create titles that crawl, scroll, or appear in the lower third of the screen.
- Combine titles with other filters, effects, and compositing for unlimited creative expression.
- Final Cut Express lets you include up to 99 total audio tracks with up to 8 tracks of audio playback in real time.
- More than 12 audio filters, including three-band and parameter equalizer, compressor/limiter, 60/120-Hz hum remover, and noise gate give you control over the quality of your soundtrack.
- Built-in audio filters include reverb, EQ, echo, and noise gate.
- Subframe audio editing to 1/100th of a frame gives you precise control over audio edits.
- Audio level meters allow you to achieve the dynamic range you want.
- Audio pan controls let you control stereo channel playback.
- Sampling at 8 to 48 kHz and 8 to 16 bits enables you to match the recorded source material sample rate and control audio quality.
- Record a voice-over track directly to the timeline.
- Voice-over can be recorded while video is playing back for perfect timing.
- Capture window lets you name, add comments, and organize your captured clips as you import them.
- Support for multiple sequences in projects allows you to create alternative edits or break projects up into smaller pieces.
- Sequences can be nested and remain fully editable.
- They can also be reused in multiple timelines.
- Asset management is made easier with bins that allow you to organize your files and sequences in a project.
Published Date: Oct 15, 2010