iPod shuffle (4th generation) - Technical Specifications
- Space Gray
- Red - (PRODUCT)RED
Size and Weight
- Height: 1.14 inches (29.0 mm)
- Width: 1.24 inches (31.6 mm)
- Depth: 0.34 inch (8.7 mm) including clip
- True volume: 0.35 cu. inch (5668 cu. mm) including clip
- Weight: 0.44 ounce (12.5 grams)1
External Buttons and Controls
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
Power and Battery3
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Up to 15 hours of audio playback
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter (sold separately)
- 29 VoiceOver languages: Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australia, UK, and U.S.), Finnish, French (Canada, France), German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish (Mexico, Spain), Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Apple Earphones
- Mac: USB 2 port, OS X v10.7.5 or later, and iTunes 12.2 or later4
- PC: USB 2 port, Windows 7 or later, and iTunes 12.2 or later4
- Internet access required; broadband recommended; fees may apply
- Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
- Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet (3000 m)
In the Box
- iPod shuffle
- Apple Earphones
- iPod shuffle USB Cable
- Quick Start guide
iPod shuffle and the Environment
Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact. Learn more
iPod shuffle is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Recyclable aluminum enclosure
Apple and the Environment
Learn more about Apple’s dedication to reducing the environmental impact of our products and process. Apple Product Environmental Reports detail the environmental attributes of our products.
Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimization. Learn more about how to recycle your iPod.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Testing conducted by Apple in August 2012 using preproduction hardware and software. The playlist contained 358 unique audio tracks consisting of content imported from CDs using iTunes (128-Kbps AAC) and content purchased from the iTunes Store (256-Kbps AAC). Video content was purchased from the iTunes Store. Battery tests are conducted with specific iPod units; actual results may vary. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced (see www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/battery). Battery life and number of charge cycles vary by use and settings. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- iPod and iTunes are for legal or rightholder-authorized copying only. Don’t steal music.