Lion Server: Create a self-signed certificate
This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple.
If your server doesn’t have an SSL certificate or if you need another one, start by creating a self-signed certificate.
- Select the server under Hardware in the Server app sidebar.
- Click Settings, and then click the Edit button to the right of SSL Certificate.
- Choose Manage Certificates from the Action pop-up menu.
- Click the Add button (+) and choose Create a Certificate Identity from the pop-up menu.
- In the Name field of the Certificate Assistant, enter your server's fully qualified host name (for example, server.example.com) and click Continue. Leave the other settings unchanged. Identity Type should be Self Signed Root, Certificate Type should be SSL Server, and “Let me override defaults” should be deselected.
Published Date: Sep 3, 2015