AirPort Utility 6.x: Reserve a DHCP address for client computers
Set up your base station or your AirPort Time Capsule to reserve a DHCP address for each client computer on your network. When a client computer joins your network, your base station or AirPort Time Capsule provides the same DHCP address to that client.
Your base station or AirPort Time Capsule must be set up to provide IP addresses to client computers on your network using DHCP before you can make a DHCP reservation.
- Open AirPort Utility, located in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder.
- Select the device you want to set up, then click Edit. Enter the password if necessary.
- Click Network, and then choose either DHCP and NAT or DHCP Only, from the Router Mode pop-up menu depending on how you want to use DHCP.
- Click Add (+) below the DHCP Reservations list.
- Choose DHCP Client ID or MAC Address from the Reserve by pop-up menu, depending on how you want to identify the client for the reservation. Then enter the Client ID or the MAC address.
- Enter the IPv4 address you want to reserve for the client from the range of IP addresses your wireless device distributes.