Address Book 6.x: Resolve duplicate cards when importing cards
When you import or add vCards, Address Book checks whether any of the new cards are duplicates of existing cards. If it finds duplicates, you can review the cards and decide to keep the old card, the new card, or both cards, or merge the two cards into one.
- Choose File > Import, select a vCard file, and then click Open.
- Accept or review duplicate cards.
To automatically accept duplicate cards, click Import.
To review the duplicate cards and resolve discrepancies between them, click the review button and continue to the next step.
- Review the first duplicate.
Click a card button along the bottom of the window to review these cards: the old card (the one in your address book before you started), the new card (the one you’re importing), both cards in a split window, or an updated card that merges information from both cards.
- When you’re done reviewing the card, click a card button to select how to resolve the duplicates. For example, click the Update button to update the card with merged information.
- Accept or review other duplicates.
To resolve all of the duplicates the same way as the first one, select the “Apply to All” checkbox and then click Import.
To continue reviewing and resolving each duplicate, click Next.