OS X Mavericks: If a webpage or link doesn’t open
This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple.
There are several reasons that a webpage or link might not open.
- Check the message that appears when a page fails to open. It may provide important information for solving the problem.
- The website may be unavailable temporarily. Try again later.
- Make sure you have the correct address for the webpage and that you typed it correctly.
- Your web browser may not be able to open a webpage because it doesn’t recognize the first part of the address, which identifies the Internet Protocol (such as HTTP or HTTPS).
- If you are opening a webpage using a Bonjour address, make sure the page is on the same subnet as your computer.
- If you connect to the Internet using a corporate or enterprise network, the network may have a firewall that prevents you from opening the webpage. Contact your network administrator for help.
- Try entering “/index.html” at the end of the address.
- Some websites prevent using a browser they do not recognize. Contact the administrator of the website to find out if it prevents using some browsers.
Last Modified: Oct 20, 2015