OS X Mavericks: Use a portable Mac with an external display
This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple.
- Close the portable display to put your Mac to sleep.
- Connect the power adapter to your Mac and a power outlet.
- Connect your Mac to an external display.
- If you’re using a USB keyboard, mouse, or trackpad, connect it to your Mac.
If you’re using a wireless keyboard, mouse, or trackpad, make sure it’s turned on and paired with your Mac.
- Wait a few seconds, then press any key on the external keyboard to wake your Mac.
Last Modified: Oct 20, 2015