Calendar: Add or delete a calendar
You can create separate calendars for different areas of your life (work, home, school, and so on), or for each person who shares your computer and uses the same user account. You can delete a calendar at any time.
Each of your calendars is assigned a color. All events on a calendar are displayed in the calendar’s color. If you view multiple calendars at the same time, you can easily see which events belong to a calendar based on their colors.
Add a calendar
- In Calendar, choose File > New Calendar, and then choose the account where you want to add the calendar.
- Name the calendar and press Return.
Your calendar appears in the Calendar list.
Delete a calendar or calendar group
Deleting a calendar removes the calendar and its events from your Mac.
- Click the name of the calendar or calendar group you want to delete.
If you don’t see your calendars, click Calendars.
- Choose Edit > Delete.
Delete a calendar account
You can remove a calendar account and its calendars from your Mac.
- In Calendar, choose Calendar > Preferences, and then click Accounts.
- Select the calendar account, and then click Remove (-).
Note: If you delete an iCloud calendar account, the iCloud Calendar service will be turned off in iCloud preferences and Mail, Contacts & Calendars preferences. At any time, you can turn the service back on and your iCloud calendars will reappear in Calendar, up to date. Any devices or other computers using the iCloud Calendar service will continue to have your most recent iCloud calendar information.