OS X Mountain Lion: If your battery won’t charge
- If the battery is removable, remove it and install it again, to make sure it’s properly installed. Refer to the manual that came with your computer for more information about properly installing the battery.
Find the manual for your Mac
- Make sure you’re using the correct power adapter for your computer.
- Make sure the power adapter is connected to your computer and is plugged into a power outlet.
- Reset the System Management Controller (SMC), which controls how your computer manages power.
- If the battery still won’t charge, your Mac may need to be serviced.
Find out how to service or repair your Mac
Last Modified: Aug 8, 2013