OS X Mountain Lion: If a document doesn’t print
If you print a document but the document doesn’t appear at the printer, the suggestions below might help. You can look for more suggestions in the manual that came with your printer or at the printer manufacturer’s website.
Check the printer’s queue window
Click the printer’s icon in the Dock to see the printer’s status.
- If you see the Resume button in the toolbar, click the button.
- If another job is holding up the queue because of an error, select that job and then click the small Delete Job button on the right (marked with an X).
- If the print job is paused, select it and and then click the small Resume Job button on the right (marked with a curved arrow).
Check which printer you used
You may have chosen a printer different from the one you think you did in the Print dialog. Check which printer you actually used.
Print from another app
Try printing from another app, such as TextEdit. If the problem occurs only in one app, review that app’s documentation for further troubleshooting steps.
Make sure the printer is operating properly
Go to the printer and check the following:
- It’s turned on and is displaying normal status lights.
- It has paper, and the paper isn’t jammed.
- It has enough ink or toner.
- Its cables are properly connected.