OS X Mountain Lion: Burn a CD or DVD
You can burn files to a CD or DVD and then use that disc as a backup, send it to friends, or copy the files on it to another machine. Discs you burn on your Mac computer can also be used on Windows computers and other types of computers. To burn a disc, you need an optical drive in your computer or connected directly to your computer. You cannot burn a disc using a remote optical drive.
- Burn a disc in the Finder by dragging files to it and clicking Burn.
- Burn the same files to discs multiple times with a burn folder.
- Burn music, photos, and videos to a disc with iTunes, iPhoto, and iMovie.
- Duplicate a disc.
Duplicate a disk, CD, or DVD
- Burn a disk image to a disc.
Burn a disk image to a CD or DVD
- Burn items to a disc in more than one session.
Record on a recordable CD more than once