iTunes: How to resume interrupted iTunes Store downloads
When you buy music, movies, or TV shows from the iTunes Store, the download might get interrupted. Find out how to resume downloading if this happens to you.
Your download might not finish because:
- iTunes lost its connection to the Internet.
- iTunes quit before the download finished.
- Your iOS device (or computer) restarted during a download.
- The Internet connection was too slow.
- Another application blocked the download, such as third-party security software or a firewall.
If your download was interrupted using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- From the Home screen, tap the iTunes app.
- For iPhone or iPod touch, tap More > Downloads. For iPad, tap Downloads.
- Enter your account name and password if prompted.
- Tap the blue download arrow to resume.
If you can't complete the download on your iOS device, you can download it in iTunes on your Mac or PC and then sync it to your iOS device. You can also transfer purchases from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to a computer.
If your download was interrupted using your Mac or PC
- Open iTunes.
- Choose Store > Check for Available Downloads.
- Type your account name and password if prompted.
If these steps didn't work for you, try the following steps to resolve issue.
- Restart your iOS device or computer.
- Check for updates for your Mac or PC and install any software updates. Also, update any security software you may have (anti-virus, anti-malware, firewall, and so on).
- If using Wi-Fi for Internet access, try using a different Wi-Fi network when downloading. If you are connecting to a home network, try restarting your Wi-Fi router. Also, check for and install any firmware updates for your Wi-Fi router. (Refer to the manufacturer's website for your router to get information on updating its firmware.)
- If you are using a Mac or PC, try using an Ethernet cable for wired Internet access instead of using Wi-Fi. If the issue is still unresolved and you're using iTunes for Windows, follow the steps to troubleshoot security software issues.
- How to download past purchases from the App Store, iBooks Store, and iTunes Store
- How to enable Automatic Downloads
- iTunes for Windows: Network Connectivity Tests