X11 for Mac OS X 1.0
An implementation of the X Window System that makes it possible to run X11-based applications in Mac OS X. Based on the open source XFree86 project — the most common implementation of X11 — X11 for Mac OS X is compatible, fast, and fully integrated with Mac OS X. It includes the full X11R6.6 technology including an X11 window server, Quartz window manager, libraries, and basic utilities such as xterm.
Note 10.4 customers can install X11 by using the Tiger DVD installer disk.
What’s New in this Version
- GM v1.0: Panther compatible and included as an optional install on Mac OS X v10.3 Panther CDs.
- Bundled: Optional install from the third Mac OS X v10.3 Panther CD.
- XFree86 4.3: Includes latest enhancements from the Open Source community.
- Full Screen Mode: Show X11 root and application windows on their own screens
- X11 Dock Menu: Activate X11 applications or windows directly from the Dock icon.
- Double-click applications: Launch X11 applications in the Finder
- Application Menu Command Keys: Define keystrokes for launching X11 applications.