Mac OS X Server 10.4.8 Combo Update (PPC)
The fifth major release of Apple’s award-winning server operating system, Mac OS X Server version 10.4 “Tiger” offers 200+ new features and builds on more than 100 of the latest open source projects.
Learn more about Mac OS X Server.
What’s New in this Version
The 10.4.8 Server Update is recommended for all servers and includes general operating system fixes, as well as specific fixes for the following applications, services and technologies:
- using AFP, SMB/CIFS, NFS and FTP file sharing protocols
- login and authentication in Open Directory and Active Directory environments
- ensuring server’s host name is set to valid name in DNS at startup
- synchronizing Open Directory servers and ensuring reliable replica promotion
- membership and permissions issues when Windows users are in more than 16 groups
- serving files larger than 64k with Apache 2, and running JBoss 3.2
- hosting MySQL databases and authenticating with PHP programs
- reliability hosting mail services when handing thousands of user accounts
- directory service usage affecting Mail server performance
- virus filtering and quarantine; update to ClamAV version 0.88.2
- publishing iTunes music and video formats using the Weblog server and RSS2
- creating and hosting NetBoot and Network Install images for Intel-based Macs
- Software Update server notifications and package synchronization
- creating and editing reverse DNS zones in Server Admin
- configuring up to 64 NFS server daemons in Server Admin
- streaming movies to localized versions of the QuickTime Player
- using VPN and DHCP services after running Gateway Setup Assistant
- creating and rebuilding software RAID sets with Disk Utility
- updating Kerberos keytab files when using changeip
- pre-allocating files when using tar, cp and mv with Xsan volumes
- rebooting SAN clients without causing other clients to hang
- time zone and daylight saving changes for 2006 and 2007
- reliably running periodic scripts following server restart
- importing users with multiple short names into LDAP domain
- handling TCP Selective Acknowledgments in congested networks
- compatibility with third party applications and devices
- previous standalone security updates
Mac OS X Server 10.4.8 Combo Update (PPC) SHA1 Digest:
MacOSXSrvrCombo10.4.8PPC.dmg = c84e2cb0ccf1d71b976026d35266c693d7e71954
For detailed information on SHA 1 Digest, please visit this website: Mac OS X: How to verify a SHA-1 digest.
For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: About the Mac OS X Server 10.4.8 (PowerPC) Update (combo).
For detailed information on Security Updates, please visit this website: Apple security updates.