OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 Combo Update
The OS X Yosemite v10.10.4 Update is recommended for all OS X Yosemite users.
The OS X Yosemite v10.10.4 update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.
This update includes the following:
- Improves networking reliability
- Improves Migration Assistant reliability
- Addresses an issue that prevented some external displays from functioning properly
- Improves the reliability of upgrading iPhoto and Aperture libraries to Photos
- Improves reliability when syncing photos and videos to iCloud Photo Library
- Addresses an issue that could cause Photos to unexpectedly quit after importing some Leica DNG files
- Resolves an issue that could delay outgoing email messages in Mail
For enterprise customers, this update includes the following:
- Addresses an issue where OS X systems bound to directory services could stop responding under certain conditions
- Adds the ability to create mobile accounts with the createmobileaccount tool
- Fixes an issue that could allow a user to install pre-release software even when the setting is disabled
For detailed information about the security content of this update, see Apple security updates.
How to update your Mac
- You should back up your Mac before installation. To do this you can use Time Machine.
- Use the Updates pane of the Mac App Storeto check for the latest Apple software updates, including this update.
- Other software updates available for your computer might appear, which you should install. Some updates might need to be installed before other updates appear.
- Don't interrupt the installation process once you've started to update your system.
- You might experience unexpected results if you have third-party system software modiﬁcations installed, or if you've modiﬁed the operating system through other means.
You can also download the manual installer for this update. This is a useful option when you need to update multiple computers but only want to download the update once. Manual installers are available from Apple Support Downloads.