OS X Lion Update 10.7.4 Server Combo
The 10.7.4 update is recommended for all servers currently running Lion Server. This update includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, migration and security of your server and improvements of the following services and applications:
- defining custom names for file share points
- using Kerberos authentication
- emptying trash when using a network mounted home directory
- using WebDAV with third-party iOS clients
- copying files and Finder information over SMB
- general reliability of SMB file services
- enhanced payloads and management settings for iOS and OS X clients
- reliability of device enrollments after changing server hostname
- configuring VPN management settings
- using profiles to join 802.1x networks
- installing enterprise iOS applications
- setting iCloud, Spotlight and Media Restrictions for OS X clients
- improved handling of URL redirects and alias matches
- improved reliability of SMTP services
- prevent overwriting of manually configured greylisted mail servers
The update also includes specific fixes for:
- more flexible service data storage
- reconfiguring DNS settings when changing hostnames
- editing DNS expirations
- archival and migration of Open Directory
- preserving local accounts during upgrades
This update also includes all the changes included in the 10.7.3 update.
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5168.
For detailed information on security updates, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
See this article on how to verify the authenticity of this update.