GameSprockets 1.7.5: Document and Software
This article contains the GameSprockets 1.7.5 link to the software download.
GameSprockets is a set of software applications that support several gaming features on your Macintosh. The GameSprockets software includes the following components:
- DrawSprocket 1.7.5: Provides support for viewing game images, including setting screen resolution and color depth, choosing a monitor (on computers with multiple monitors), accelerating screen updates and delivers improvements for graphic intensive game applications.
- InputSprocket 1.7.3: Provides support for a wide variety of input devices, including joysticks, gamepads, mice, and keyboards (for a complete list of Supported Devices, see below).
- NetSprocket 1.7.1: Allows you to play games with other players over an AppleTalk or TCP/IP network.
- SoundSprocket 1.7.1: Allows you to hear 3D sound effects in some applications with only two speakers connected to your computer.
To install GameSprockets, follow these steps:
- Double-click the GameSprockets Installer.
- Click Install.
- Restart your computer when the installation is complete.
The InputSprocket driver provides support for the following input devices (USB devices require a Macintosh with USB ports; ADB devices require a Macintosh with ADB ports):
- All keyboards
- All compatible USB mice (HID compliant)
- All compatible ADB mice (type 4 compliant)
- All compatible USB gaming devices (HID compliant)
- Apple Computer: English Speech Recognition requires the Speech Recognition Extension, version 1.5.4 or later
- CH Products: CH Jetstick, CH Flightstick Pro, CH Pro Pedals, CH Pedals, CH F16 Fighterstick, CH Gamepad, CH Pro Throttle, Trackball (ADB)
- Contour: Contour Mouse (ADB)
- Hunter Digital: Hunter No Hands Mouse (ADB)
- Kensington/Advanced Gravis: Gravis Gamepad (ADB), Gravis Firebird (ADB), Gravis Mousestick II (ADB), Gravis Blackhawk (ADB)
- Kensington: Kensington TurboMouse 4.0 (ADB), Kensington TurboMouse 5.0 (ADB), Kensington Thinking Mouse (ADB), Kensington Mouse (ADB), Kensington Orbit Trackball (ADB), CoStar Stingray trackball (ADB)
- MacALLY: MacALLY Joystick (ADB)
- Microspeed: MacTRAC Trackball (ADB), MouseDeluxe (ADB)
- Microsoft: Microsoft SideWinder 3D Pro Joystick (ADB)
- Thrustmaster: Thrustmaster FCS (ADB), Thrustmaster WCS (requires FCS), Thrustmaster RCS (requires FCS)
Some games have utility functions that can be accessed only by using keyboard commands. When you are using one of these games, you can change these function settings by pressing the Option key and clicking the button for the input device you are using.
When you are hosting a game using NetSprocket, you must provide a name for the game in the host dialog box. This name is advertised over the network so other NetSprocket games can find it. The following characters have special meaning and should not be used in game names:
- * (asterisk)
- TM (Option-X)
- / (forward slash)
- @ (at sign)
- : (colon)
Downloading Help: Software downloads: Formats and common error messages.
All software available from this site is covered by a software license agreement included with this software.
|Language||Release Date||Software Update||OS Required|
|North American English||2000-10-24||Download
|Game Sprockets: North American Mac OS 8.1 or later.
Input Sprockets: North American Mac OS 8.6 or later.
|Game Sprockets: International English Mac OS 8.1 or later.
Input Sprockets: International English Mac OS 8.6 or later.
|français||2000-10-24||Download|| Game Sprockets: French Mac OS 8.1 ou ultérieur
Input Sprockes: French Mac OS 8.6 ou ultérieur
|Deutsch||2000-09-22||Download|| Game Sprockets:German Mac OS 8.1 oder neuer
Input Sprockes: German Mac OS 8.6 oder neuer
|Japanese||2000-09-22||Download||Japanese Mac OS 8.1 or later
InputSprockets: Japanese Mac OS 8.6 or newer on systems with USB.
Keywords: kaswu kbdload 3pty