You can use your App Store Top-Up card to buy apps from the App Store or subscriptions like Apple Music.
App Store Top-Up cards are available only in China mainland.
If you received a Top-Up card by email
To redeem an App Store Top-Up card that someone emailed to you, open the email and tap or click the "Redeem Now" button.
Redeem your Top-Up card
- Peel or gently scratch off the label on the back of the gift card to reveal a 16-digit code that starts with X.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the App Store app.
- Tap Today, then tap the sign-in button or your photo in the upper-right corner.
- Tap "Redeem Gift Card or Code." You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID. Learn what to do if you forgot your Apple ID.
- Tap "Use Camera" and follow the instructions on the screen. If you have trouble redeeming the card, tap "You can also enter your code manually," then follow the instructions on the screen. Make sure that you enter the 16-digit code that begins with X.
- Tap Done.
- The first time you try to redeem an App Store Top-Up card to your Apple ID, you’ll be asked to enter your National ID. Enter your family name and given name as they appear on your National ID and a valid phone number.
If you want to know the remaining balance, you can check your Apple ID balance.
You can associate your National ID with only one Apple ID at a time.
If you can’t redeem your Top-Up card
If you can't redeem your Top-Up card, it might be for one of these reasons:
If the App Store can’t verify your National ID
The first time you try to redeem an App Store Top-Up card to your Apple ID, you're prompted to enter your National ID. You can associate your National ID with only one Apple ID at a time.
If we can't verify your National ID, you'll see an error message. Make sure that you enter your family name, given name, phone number, and National ID correctly. Your name must match how it appears on your National ID and the phone number must be valid to verify your National ID.
If you continue to receive the error, your National ID might be expired.
If you correctly entered your information and we still can’t verify your National ID, call Property & Credit (P&C) at 95159 to speak with customer support for additional help.
If you've reached the daily or annual Top-Up card redemption limit
Each National ID can redeem up to 5000 RMB per day and 60,000 RMB per year.
If you see a message that says you've reached your daily or annual Top-Up card redemption limit, you must wait until your limit resets to redeem any additional Top-Up cards. Daily limits reset at midnight local time. Annual limits reset on January 1.
If the card is illegible, not valid, not activated, or already redeemed
If you can't redeem your card because it's damaged or illegible, or because you see a message that says that the card is not activated, not valid, or already redeemed, contact P&C at 95159. P&C manages App Store Top-Up cards and redemption to your Apple ID.
- Send a gift or gift card to someone else.
- Top up your Apple ID balance with a payment method such as a credit card.
- Learn how to find, buy, and download apps in the App Store.
- Get an introduction to Property & Credit and learn about service laws and regulations that govern these cards in China mainland.