Audio Unit plug-in compatibility
Logic Pro and Final Cut Pro support most Audio Unit v2 and Audio Unit v3 plug-ins on Mac computers with Apple silicon, whether or not the plug-in was built for use with Apple silicon. Logic Pro and Final Cut Pro also support AUv3 Audio Unit plug-ins that support iOS, iPadOS, and Mac computers with Apple silicon.
If you're using an Audio Unit plug-in that wasn't built for Apple silicon, Logic Pro or Final Cut Pro recognizes the plug-in only when Rosetta has been installed.
To install Rosetta for Logic Pro, quit Logic Pro and follow these steps:
- From the Finder menu bar, choose Go > Go to Folder.
- Type “/System/Library/CoreServices/Rosetta2 Updater.app,” then click Go.
- Double-click Rosetta 2 Updater, then follow the prompts to install Rosetta.
To install Rosetta for Final Cut Pro, follow these steps:
- In Final Cut Pro, choose Help > Install Rosetta.
- Follow the prompts to install Rosetta.
External device compatibility
Audio interfaces work with Logic Pro and Final Cut Pro on Mac computers with Apple silicon as long as they don’t require a separate software driver. This is also true for MIDI devices with Logic Pro. If your device requires a separate driver, contact the manufacturer for an updated driver.